Hey there, and welcome to my blog, where I blog... On my blog

fredag 29. oktober 2010

Travelblog! - Update 3


Cheers mates!

In the last two days, we’ve just been wandering around, trying out some of the cafés, and even some of the clubs. Wellington really has everything! We took a walk by the beach, and it was like one of those beaches you see on adds to charter trips. Magical with the sunset in the background!

We took the drunken local men’s advice and visited some places:

The beehive, a part of the government buildings.


The Westpac stadium, where the “All Blacks” plays

We went looking on a Rugby match, and OH-MY-GOD! I witnessed maybe the coolest thing I’ve ever seen. In Maori tradition, a sort of war dance called Haka is performed before battle. It scared the crap out of me, putting myself in the situation of the contestants. On the other side, to perform the Haka in front of 36.000 persons must be indescribably funny! The All Blacks are known for that they never loose. And neither did they lose this match. I’m not very well known with rugby, but it entertained me a lot more than expected. The raw muscle power they use, the men looks like rocks because they’re so large in body mass, the temper inside the stadium, audience that constantly made noise, like in a movie. Exceptional! Here’s a link for those who want to see this phenomenon. I advise you to take a look!

All Blacks Haka

Anyway, our trip is now over. We’ll be setting the course for Norway in the same way as we travelled here, just opposite direction of course. I’ve experienced Wellington as a surprising and fresh city with a lot of life and varieties, and also a lot to offer. The only minus I can figure is the long flight, but hey! Who travels 33 hours every day? It’s supposed to be special, and this was special. Loved it!

Thanks for following me, guess I’ll see you around later!

Simen Sem Øvereng

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar